Last Updated: 05 December 2023
If you disagree with this policy, you should cease using our website and app immediately.
Changes to this Policy
Fonthill Collective in Tunbridge Wells is the data controller of, and responsible for, personal data that is processed through your use of our website.
If you have any queries or concerns, you should contact us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: The George Pub, 29 Mt Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 8AA
If we are unable to resolve your query, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). However, we would appreciate you giving us the opportunity to resolve the matter first.
Our website may require us to share some information collected with other individuals or third-party organisations, including if required to do so, law enforcement agencies of the United Kingdom.
We supply anonymised information about your browsing session with Plausible Analytics, some staff, and our contractors, details of which are outlined further in this document.
If you make a booking via our website, details related to that booking may be shared with the booking provider platform Designmynight, as well as our email service provider.
We occasionally may use Facebook Pixel to gather data about how our customers interact with our websites, as well as their likes and dislikes. This information helps us provide relevant products and offers that you are more likely to be interested in.
Newsletters and Direct Marketing
If you give us permission to do so, we will use the information you provide when subscribing to our newsletter to send you messages containing news, offers, discounts, promotions, gig listings, and any other information you may have requested. All of our emails contain a link you can use to unsubscribe or change your marketing preferences.
We share this information with our automation and email marketing services, Mailchimp, and Zapier.
Information We Collect
In common with other websites, information related to you may come from two avenues; information that we collect as part of your browsing session, and information that you provide to us.
Information that we collect as part of your browsing session may include your IP address and imprecise location. This is stored in our web server log files to ensure that we can understand and resolve any technical issues with our website. This information is also shared in an anonymised form with a third-party data analytics platform and our contractors, as described in this document.
Information that you provide to us may include, but not be limited to, your name, telephone number, and email address. This may be provided when you make a booking, sign up to our newsletter or loyalty app, or through your communicating with us directly. This information may be processed by our booking platform or on-premises staff, and shared with our email marketing service.
How the Information Is Used
The information you have provided may be used in the following manner:
- To allow you to make a reservation online,
- To understand and improve our websites,
- To better engage and provide services to our clientele,
- Including marketing materials, promotions, and offers,
- To troubleshoot and fix any issues with our websites, and
- To meet our legal obligations.
Sharing of Your Personal Data
We share some of the above information with Plausible Analytics to help us better understand the usage patterns of our website and better engage and provide services to our clientele.
Plausible Analytics is a GDPR-compliant analytics tool that does not rely on cookies or store data on your browser. Additionally, Plausible Analytics does not track you across multiple websites. Information shared with Plausible Analytics is maintained in an anonymised format to protect your privacy.
The following information is shared with Plausible Analytics in an anonymised format:
- IP address of visitor in an anonymised format,
- Date and time the visit occurred,
- The pages on the George website that were visited,
- The country and city the visitor resides in,
- The type of web browser being used, and
- Any referring domains that led the visitor to our website.
You can read about Plausible Analytics here: https://plausible.io/data-policy
Information Collected When Booking Online
When a visitor to the website elects to book a table, the following information may be gathered:
- IP address of the visitor making the booking,
- Date and time the booking occurred,
- Date and time of the booking,
- The contact name provided for the booking,
- The email address related to the booking,
- The telephone number related to the booking, and
- Any other details provided by the person making the booking.
Information Collected When Opted-In to Email Marketing
When you sign up to our newsletter, the following information may be gathered:
- Contact name provided
- Email address provided
- Email interaction, including clicks, and opens.
- Any other details provided through surveys and forms, including marketing preferences.
Fonthill Collective App
Fonthill Collective mobile application is owned and operated by Fonthill Limited, who are the controller of all stored data.
PepperHQ Ltd operate as a processor of data for Fonthill Collective App.
Information we collect about you through Fonthill Collective App
We collect information about you when you:
- register to use Fonthill Collective App;
- attempt to check in to our stores;
- register your debit or credit card details;
- upload a proﬁle photo, and
- use the payments facility in Fonthill Collective App to pay for your purchase.
This information is collected, stored and processed under Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, “processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract” i.e. We need this data for you to be able to use the App for its primary purposes.
Using your information
Collecting personal information in Fonthill Collective App (name, email address, date of birth) helps us to better understand what you need from us.
- We use your information to:
- improve the functionality and performance of Fonthill Collective App;
- personalize our services to you;
- tell you about important changes to Fonthill Collective App and related services, and
- manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
Your personal information is safe with us and will never be released to third party companies for marketing purposes.
Fonthill Collective App captures your geographic location when you attempt to “check in” to one of our stores. We do this to identify which store you are in or near to allow you to pay using Fonthill Collective App, and to provide an enhanced visitor experience (for example, through digital loyalty cards).
We will only capture this information with your consent. Fonthill Collective App also captures basic usage metrics to help us identify any problems and to make improvements in the future.
These metrics also help us understand how people use Fonthill Collective App and how many people use the diﬀerent functions within Fonthill Collective App.
Your contact details and personal information may be used to send direct marketing messages to you via your contact details provided. This is done only with your explicit consent, which can be withdrawn at any time from the “My Account” options within the app. You may refuse consent for marketing messages without detriment to any other areas of functionality within the app.
Information We Capture
We provide enhanced store visit experiences when you choose to pay using Fonthill Colletive App.
You may prevent Fonthill Collective App from accessing your device’s location services, or turn oﬀ the location services of your Mobile Device. Doing so will impact the capability of Fonthill Collective App and prevent you from enjoying an enhanced experience.
Data you share with us
(Including information you give us when signing up, and information which is shared automatically, such as Device ID, and IP address)
We use this data to log you in to Fonthill Collective App and it helps us understand our customers better and present you with appropriate oﬀers and promotions. Your data is stored in an encrypted database and transferred over a secure network connection. You decide which data you do and do not share with us. If you ask us to, we will update, correct or delete any data which you give to us.
Your Card details
Your card details are not stored on Fonthill Collective App and they are only used in accordance with your payment instructions. Your card details are stored with our payment gateway partner – Square – who are a Level 1 certiﬁed PCI-DSS Service Provider. You have to use the payments facility within Fonthill Collective App to pay for your purchase through the app.
Your proﬁle photo
Your proﬁle photo is used in store to verify your identity. If you ask us to, we will update, correct or delete your proﬁle photo. However, you must have a proﬁle photo if you wish to use Fonthill Collective App to pay for your purchases in-store.
Your purchase history
We use your purchase history to provide personalised oﬀers and analyse which products and rewards are most likely to interest you.
Data storage, protection and your right to access and erasure
Your data is stored in an encrypted database and transferred over secure network connections.
We will store your information for as long as your account exists in Fonthill Collective App. If your user account is entirely inactive for a period of 12 months or more, we will delete your account. If you ask us to, or if you delete your account, we will delete the information linked to your account which can identify you personally, including your proﬁle photo and personal details.
You may ask us, at any time, to provide to you conﬁrmation that your data is being processed and access to your personal data. This will generally be provided within 7-21 working days.
Marketing and research
If you agree, we may contact you:
- with oﬀers and information about Fonthill Collective products or services.
- for customer research, e.g. to help improve our service.
You can ask us to stop contacting you for marketing and/or research purposes by following the instructions in any such communication or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Disclosing your information
We will never disclose your information to anyone outside of Fonthill Limited except:
- Where we have your consent
- Where we are required or permitted to do so by law
- To any successors in title to our business.
If we ever transfer your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken.
Accessing your information
To obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please conﬁrm any details to help us identify and locate your information. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we will amend them.
Changes to our policy
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of December 2023. We reserve the right to change the policy at any time.
If you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com
We operate appropriate security measures to ensure the protection of personal information and to ensure it is not lost, altered, or accessed in an unauthorised manner. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach, and will notify you if such a breach occurs.
We will retain personal information only for as long as is necessary to perform the tasks for which it was obtained. This may include legal, regulatory, tax, and reporting requirements.
As per the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other data protection laws, as applied in the United Kingdom, you have the following rights:
- The right to access your data – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to correct any personal information you believe to be inaccurate. We may need to verify the accuracy of the new data.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. However, legal obligations may prevent us from being able to comply with your request – if this is the case then we will notify you.
- The right to restriction of processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. These circumstances may include:
- If you want us to establish the accuracy of the data,
- You have objected to our use of the data, yet we need to verify if we have an overriding legitimate reason for keeping it.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. However, in some cases, we may demonstrate that we have a compelling legitimate reason to continue processing your information.
We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one calendar month. If there is a legitimate reason why a response may take longer, we will notify you of our intention to extend the timeframe.
You can contact us via the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: The George Pub, 29 Mt Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 8AA